For inclusive early warning in areas with high risk of drought:
- Ensure that weather surveillance and -information are provided in accessible formats, using multiple channels (radio, print, mobile phone, social media, acoustic signals/loudspeaker announcements), to reach persons with diverse disabilities, older people and other at-risk groups in the community.
- Anticipate and communicate drought risk, in particular by sensitizing and educating community members with disabilities using inclusive communication.
- Ensure a local, ‘bottom-up’ approach to early warning, with the active participation of local communities, particularly those who are most at-risk.
- Engage women, men and children with diverse disabilities across diverse age groups in developing accessible and inclusive drought monitoring and early warning systems.
- Sensitize persons with disabilities on DRR and key DRR actors on disability to promote inclusive drought preparedness and response practices.